Intern responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following tasks/projects:
- Read assigned books and articles and write summaries of them
- Meet weekly with Director of Global Outreach to discuss assigned articles, books, videos (could be done at separate times).
- Plan and keep a weekly calendar of scheduled meetings (to be discussed ahead of time with supervisors)
- Help plan and participate in summer ministry events (Camp in the City, GO Journey events, Outreach experiential days, receptions for guests, etc.)
- Assist Outreach Ministry Assistant in preparing for Outreach events as needed
- Assist with gathering pictures and video of Outreach events for future Outreach promotions
- Join Global Outreach Director in debriefing GO Journey team leaders
- Interview FG’s global partners through skype calls or meetings
- Research and plan a cross-cultural simulation for future equipping sessions
- Complete an independent global project if assigned
- Meet with the Outreach Staff
- Participate in experiential visits to local partners with Outreach staff
- Interview local FG partners - summaries to be collected.
- Write a summary paper on how the FG Outreach Internship has impacted his/her life - the last section to be ideas for future outreach internships
- Participate in FGS Middle and High School short term mission trip to Lexington.
What you can expect to learn and experience:
- You will learn more about what working as a church staff member involved in Outreach looks like.