Intern responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following tasks/projects:
- Interview volunteers on their experience in our worship ministry
- Set updates with leadership to play/lead Sunday morning worship
- Work in the recording studio on various projects
- Read assigned books and articles and participate in discussions on various topics.
- Assist with stage setup
- Attend weekly rehearsals as needed
- Attend intern classes weekly (Tues, Wed, and Thur)
- Be an integral part of the worship team; provide input for creativity and planning
What you can expect to learn and experience:
- An understanding of leading worship
- Relationship building and communication skills with staff, volunteers, and church attendees
- The basic knowledge of orchestration and arranging
- The basics of the Multitracks app (tracks), ProPresenter (slides), and Planning Center (online scheduling and service planner)
- How teams function intentionally and what role you play within a team.
Ongoing Tasks For Downtime:
- Practice your instrument
- Learn the ins and outs of Planning Center. Explore the different pages and functionalities. Ask us questions about how to use the different features.
- Read The Worship Pastor by Zac Hicks. This must be done by the end of the summer.
- Write a worship song. You must have one song finished by the end of the summer.
- Study music theory. Be able to explain what a key is, what chords are, the Nashville number system, what a time signature is, etc.